Davcon Court Terms & Conditions
- Please note that the Online Booking Application is not a lease agreement. College Accommodation Cork, acting through its Management, reserves the right to decline a booking.
- You will receive an automatic reply on completion of the Online Booking Application.
- If your booking is accepted, you will receive an email containing our payment details. You will have 7 business days from the date this email is sent to pay the €250.00 Booking/Security Deposit. If the Deposit has not been received within the 7 days, your room will be automatically released. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list to ensure you receive our emails.
- Bookings are only accepted for one full semester.
– The Autumn Semester 2019 occupancy period is from Friday, 23rd August 2019 to Friday, 27th December 2019. (We do have some early start rooms available for this semester. Please contact us if you wish to check-in prior to 23rd August 2019.)
– The Spring Semester 2020 occupancy period is from Wednesday, 1st January 2020 to Saturday, 23rd May 2020.
NB: The Booking/Security Deposit will not be refunded if a student vacates his/her room before the period of residence is complete. Rent and Utilities payments can only be refunded if and from when the room is re-let.
- Booking Cancellation Policy: A cancellation charge of €50.00 applies up to 2nd August 2019 for the Autumn Semester 2019 and up to 11th December 2019 for the Spring Semester 2020; after these dates the full Deposit is non-refundable; all cancellations must be made in writing or by email.
- A “Licence to Reside” will be emailed to you prior to check in. This licence must be signed and presented at check-in along with a photocopy of a valid ID (Passport, Driving Licence, College ID, Garda Age Card). The outstanding rental charge and utilities advance must be received by 2nd August 2019 for the Autumn Semester 2019 and by 11th December 2019 for the Spring Semester 2020. If payment has not been received by these dates, management reserves the right to invalidate an application immediately and without prior notice.
- Payments must be made by Irish Cheque, Irish Bank Draft or Wire Transfer in Euro to Paul Ryan. Cash is only accepted at The Spires Reception.
- The Utilities Advance for the Autumn Semester 2019 of €250.00 is broken down into a fixed charge of €100.00 for Refuse, Recycling & Glass Disposal and the TV Licence with the remaining €150.00 used to cover Electricity & Gas Charges for the semester at our current provider’s rates. If a Student uses more than €150.00 worth of Electricity & Gas during the semester, Management reserves the right to make up the shortfall from the Student’s Security Deposit. Otherwise, Management will refund any unused Electricity & Gas Advance amount after check-out with the Security Deposit due.
- The Utilities Advance for the Spring Semester 2020 of €275.00 is broken down into a fixed charge of €100.00 for Refuse, Recycling & Glass Disposal and the TV Licence with the remaining €175.00 used to cover Electricity & Gas Charges for the semester at our current provider’s rates. If a Student uses more than €175.00 worth of Electricity & Gas during the semester, Management reserves the right to make up the shortfall from the Student’s Security Deposit. Otherwise, Management will refund any unused Electricity & Gas Advance amount after check-out with the Security Deposit due.
- Completion of the online booking application does not guarantee you a room at Davcon Court. Whilst every effort will be made to provide you with your accommodation preference, this is not always possible. No guarantee can be given on room type, location, apartment or fellow residents. If Davcon Court is fully booked, we will endeavour to place you in one of our other complexes.
- There is no car parking available at Davcon Court.
- You agree that all the information given on the Online Booking Application is correct and valid.