Farranlea Hall Terms & Conditions
- Please note that the Online Booking Application is not a lease agreement. College Accommodation Cork, acting through its management, reserves the right to decline a booking.
- You will receive an automatic reply on completion of the Online Booking Application.
- If your booking is accepted, you will receive an email containing our payment details. You will have 5 business days from the date this email is sent to pay the €300.00 Booking/Security Deposit. If the Deposit has not been received within 5 days, your room will be automatically released. Please add email@example.com to your safe senders list to ensure you receive our emails.
- Bookings are only accepted for the entire occupancy period – Friday 21st August 2020 to Friday 21st May 2021. However, we do have some early start rooms available. Please contact us if you wish to check-in prior to 21st August 2020.
NB: The Booking/Security Deposit will not be refunded if a student vacates before the period of residence is complete. Rent and Utilities payments can only be refunded if the room is re-sold.
- Cancellation Policy:
First Years – A cancellation charge of €100.00 applies up to 18th August 2020, after this date the full deposit is non-refundable; all cancellations must be made in writing or by email.
Non First Years – A cancellation charge of €100.00 applies up to 24th July 2020, after this date the full deposit is non-refundable; all cancellations must be made in writing or by email.
- A “Licence to Reside” will be sent to you prior to check-in. This Licence must be signed and presented at check-in along with 2 passport size photos. The outstanding rental charge and utilities advance must be received by 18th August 2020 for First Year Students and by 24th July 2020 for Non First Year Students. If payment has not been received by these dates, management reserves the right to invalidate an application immediately and without prior notice.
- There is no extra charge if you wish to pay our accommodation fees in 2 instalments.The payment dates for 2 instalments are:
1st Instalment: 18th August 2020
2nd Instalment: 4th December 2020
Non First Years:-
1st Instalment: 24th July 2020
2nd Instalment: 4th December 2020
Payments can be made by Irish Cheque, Irish Bank Draft or wire transfer in Euro to College Accommodation Cork Ltd.. Cash is only accepted at Reception
- The Utilities Advance of €600.00 is broken down into a fixed charge of €300.00 for Refuse, Recycling & Glass Disposal and the TV Licence with the remaining €300.00 used to cover Electricity Charges for the Academic Year at current rates. If a Student uses more than €300.00 worth of Electricity during the Academic Year, management reserves the right to make up the shortfall from the Student’s Security Deposit. Otherwise, Management will refund any unused Electricity Advance amount after check-out with the Security Deposit due.
- The basement car parks at Farranlea Hall are secure and private; however parking is entirely at the owner’s risk. Car parking is not included in the Rent. Spaces are limited and offered on a first come first served basis. If you require a car space, please contact Reception.
- There are a number of bike stands in both car parks at Farranlea Hall; however bikes are left in both car parks entirely at the owner’s risk.
- Completion of this Online Booking Application does not guarantee you a room at Farranlea Hall. Whilst every effort will be made to provide you with your accommodation preference, this is not always possible. No guarantee can be given on room type, location, apartment or fellow residents. If Farranlea Hall is fully booked, we will endeavour to place you in one of our other complexes.
- You agree that all the information given on the Online Booking Application is correct and valid.