Sheares Gate Terms & Conditions
- You will receive an automatic reply on completion of the Online Booking Application.
- You will then receive a separate email with our payment details. You will have 10 days from the date this email is sent to pay the €300.00 Booking/Security Deposit. If the Deposit has not been received within 10 days, your room will be automatically released. Please add email@example.com to your safe senders list to ensure you receive our emails.
- Please note that this Online Booking Application is not a lease agreement. College Accommodation Cork, acting through its management, reserves the right to decline a booking.
- Only mature / postgraduate student applications will be considered for a room at Sheares Gate.
- Bookings are only accepted for the entire occupancy period, however we can sometimes accept early arrivals. Please specify check-in date required on this Online Booking Application:-
Occupancy Period – 50 Weeks: 23rd August 2021 to 7th August 2022
NB: The Booking/Security Deposit will not be refunded if a student vacates his/her room before the period of residence is complete. Rent and Utilities payments can only be refunded if the room is re-sold.
- Cancellation Policy: A cancellation charge of €100.00 applies up to 23rd July 2021 for New and Returning Residents, after this date the full deposit is non-refundable. All cancellations must be made in writing or by email.
- A “Licence to Reside” will be emailed to you in July 2021. This licence must be signed and presented at check-in along with 2 passport size photos. The outstanding rental charge and utilities advance (first instalment) must be received by 23rd July 2021 for New and Returning Residents. If payment has not been received by this date, management reserves the right to invalidate the application immediately and without prior notice.
- There is no extra charge if you wish to pay our accommodation fees in 2 instalments. After the €300.00 Booking/Security Deposit is paid, the payment dates and amounts are as follows:
-1st Instalment Due By 23rd July 2021: €5,360.00
-2nd Instalment Due By 6th December 2021: €5,360.00
Payments must be made by Irish Cheque, Irish Bank Draft or Wire Transfer in Euro to Carmel Ryan. Cash is only accepted in our head office at College Accommodation Cork, Farranlea Hall, Victoria Cross, Cork City, Ireland.
- The Utilities Advance of €650.00 can be broken down as follows:- A fixed fee of €250.00 for TV Licence and Refuse, Recycling & Glass Collection. The remaining €400.00 is used to cover electricity and gas costs during your stay at current rates. Management will refund any unused gas & electricity amount after check-out. However, if a Student uses more than €400.00 worth of electricity and gas during his/her stay, management reserves the right to make up the shortfall from the Student’s Security Deposit. Please note there is a 3% administration fee on the electricity and gas charges only.
- Sheares Gate is a secure gated complex, however parking is at the owner’s risk. There is no extra charge for car parking but spaces are limited and are offered on a first come first served basis. If you require a car space, please add this request in the Additional Requests box provided on the Online Booking Application
- Completion of the Online Booking Application does not guarantee you a room at Sheares Gate. Whilst every effort will be made to provide you with your accommodation preference, this is not always possible. No guarantee can be given on room type, location, house or fellow residents. If Sheares Gate is fully booked, we will endeavour to place you in one of our other complexes.
- You agree that all the information given on the Online Booking Application is correct and valid.