Sheares Gate Student Accommodation, Cork
Sheares Gate is an exclusive 25 house gated development explicitly designed for older students and Postgraduates who wish to study in a relaxed and peaceful environment. Our complex was constructed in 2007 and is furnished to the highest standard. Sheares Gate has become so popular with UCC Graduate Entry Medicine students that it has featured in UCC’s promotional video of the GEM programme. Please click on the following link to view this video on YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3a8DGPudJY
There are 2, 3 and 4 bedroom student houses available, all with high speed wireless broadband access, a kitchen/dining room, a living/TV room, a private patio garden and all bedrooms have their own bathroom.
Benefits and Features
- Free highspeed wifi in each house (unlimited download)
- 10 minute walk to UCC main campus, Cork University Hospital and Dental Hospital
- All bedrooms have large double beds, study desks and their own bathroom
- Separate kitchen/dining room and living/TV room in each house
- Natural Gas central heating
- Located on the no. 10 bus route to the city centre and Mahon Point Shopping Centre & Cinema
- Only a 10 minute walk to Wilton Shopping Centre with its array of shops, cafes, bars and restaurants
- House Alarm and 24 Hour CCTV throughout the complex
- Gated Complex – resident access only
- Intercom system to each house from pedestrian gate
- Full time on site maintenance person
- Washing machine / dryer in each house
- Weekly refuse and recycling collection
- Free secure private parking subject to availability and conditions
Each house comprises of:
All bedrooms are single occupancy and are fully furnished with a large double bed, bedside lockers, sizeable built in storage units, study desk and all have their own separate bathroom. Each house is fitted with an alarm system, has high speed wireless broadband access and there are separate keys for main door and bedroom access. Residents are asked to provide their own bed linen, duvet, pillows and towels.
Each house has a fully fitted kitchen consisting of a table & chairs, an electric hob/oven, a kettle, a toaster, a microwave, a fridge freezer, a washing machine / dryer, attractive built in units, delph & cutlery, an iron & board, a bucket & mop, a brush, a dust pan & hand brush and a vacuum cleaner.
There is a separate living/TV room containing seats and a couch, built in shelving and a TV with remote control. Off the living/TV room in each house are double doors leading out to a private patio garden.
The guest toilet is located in the downstairs hallway and there is also some under stairs storage space.